Healthy Halloumi Breakfast: Have you ever had a grilled halloumi bowl topped with tasty Kalamata olives in Greece? The warm weather and the scenery covered by ancient olive trees made the halloumi tastes even better!
??? Bored by your quarantine meals? Learn to master your cooking with these best selling Mediterranean/Halloumi/vegan/vegetarian recipe books! –> Click the images below to see reviews.
If you haven’t tried any halloumi meal, don’t worry, just follow these recipes and do it today! Let’s see how to make an amazing halloumi breakfast that will have you set for the morning meal.
Why is the Halloumi Cheese so popular?
Halloumi originated from Cyprus. Its popularity spread across Greece and the Middle East, and later to the world. It is made of a mixture of cow, goat, or sheep milk. The melting point of halloumi is quite high so it can be cooked by grilling or frying. It is popular as a substitute for meat. This cheese is also highly nutritional. One portion of halloumi contains 70% of the recommended daily calcium quantity. Additionally, halloumi has other nutrition such as vitamin A, vitamin B, magnesium, selenium, and zinc.
????? My favourite Halloumi Cheese brand –> Click here to buy from Amazon
Considering these benefits to your health, keep scrolling down to get our healthy halloumi breakfast recipe!
Also, check out another breakfast recipe we excerpted from Diala’s Kitchen, Banana, Walnut, and Blueberry Muffins. It’s an amazing combination to try if you’re craving some sweet treats but want the perfect healthy option!
Quinoa, Egg and Halloumi Breakfast Recipe
- 2 Servings
- Eggs, Grains, Vegetarian, Greece, Middle East, Mediterranean
- 1 cup white quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cups baby spinach (tightly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 4 thick slices halloumi cheese
- 1 avocado (pitted, peeled, and sliced)
- freshly cracked pepper
? Yes you can grab all these at once online with next day delivery –> Click the image below to add to cart!
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the quinoa, water, and salt. Boil the ingredient over medium-high heat in the beginning and then reduce the heat to low. Cover the saucepan with a lid and let it simmer for 12 to 14 minutes until the quinoa is soft and took in all the water. Remove the quinoa from the saucepan and let it sit on the side, covered.
- In a medium-sized pan for frying, add 1 tablespoon or 15 ml of olive oil over medium heat. Add and cook the tomatoes for about 3 minutes. Then, place the cooked tomatoes in a bowl. Clean the pan by wiping.
- On the same frying pan, add and cook the spinach until it slightly wilts. Afterward, place the spinach on a plate. Keep the spinach warm by covering it with a foil.
- Again, in the same pan (with or without wiping), add 1 tablespoon or 15 mL of olive oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan with space between the eggs and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes when the whites are cooked and the yolks are still runny. Move the fried eggs to the same plate with the spinach. Wipe the pan to clean.
- Use medium heat to warm up the pan. Cook the halloumi for 1 minute for each side.
- To finish up the bowl, distribute the quinoa between bowls. Add the cooked toppings in the bowl: tomatoes, spinach, eggs, halloumi, and avocado. Season your bowl with salt and pepper.
Tip: Although halloumi cheese is the main ingredient in the halloumi bowl, you can instead substitute it with crumbled feta or goat cheese. Crumbled feta and goat cheese are incredibly flavorful and give your bowl a texture that matches your other ingredients.
????? This goat cheese has a very smooth consistency, tastes great, and isn’t very salty. –> Click here to see the current price on Amazon!
????? It tastes a little less “tart” than other feta brands. You know the feta they usually serve with gyros, and it tends to be very sour/tart? This feta is not quite like that. Definitely mild, if that’s what you prefer. –> Click here to see the current price on Amazon!
????? Make it more fun for quarantine! Try this DIY cheese making kit to create your own Mozzarella, Feta, Halloumi, Cheddar Cheese Curds, Pepper Jack, Cream Cheese, Marscapone, Chèvre, Burrata and more! –-> Click here to see the current price on Amazon!
What other ingredients are suitable for the halloumi bowl?
Tips: I will recommend these toppings:
? Which one do you prefer? –> Click the image below to add to cart!
What other ingredients would you like to put in your own bowl?