This blog is updated in 2020
Taking a hint from last week’s mad scientist-themed flower arrangements, we are continued this month’s day concepts with some fairly eerie comes. This time, we’re specializing in the creepy-crawly creatures that area unit allowed, solely on the day, to own free reign in our homes: fruity, rats, snakes and spiders! though these much-feared beings usually get the short finish of the stick (or rolled-up newspaper) once it involves likability, they’ll be quite lovely in their own distinctive means. when the jump, you’ll realize directions for transferring these creepy-crawlies into your home as shiver-inducing fall decorations! — Max
Creepy Crawly Glass Domes
Although glass-domed paperweights that has vintage flora and fauna square measure usual fixtures in fancy gift outlets, they’ll usually set you back $40 or additional. These handsewn versions square measure even as trendy and light-years more cost-effective. They’re conjointly straightforward as pie to make! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Glass paperweight kits from PhotoWeights.com. Each kit contains one dome and costs $9.95.
- A printer with paper. we tend to used off-white cardstock.
Scissors or AN X-Acto knife.
- Vintage images of creepy-crawly creatures. We used art from Dover’s book of vintage animal clip art.
- Our handy-dandy guide for putting your pictures. We’ve conjointly thrown within the pictures we have a tendency to used on our domes. Click here to download the zip file.
1. Scan or transfer the photographs you would like to use on your glass domes.
2. The exploitation of our blank templet in Photoshop or similar image-editing package, insert your image into the white circle demarcating the cutting space.
3. Print your templet at actual size. this can be vital as a result of it’ll make sure that your output signal is that the same size as your dome.
4. Cut out your image, following the circle’s approximate the templet.
5. Follow the directions enclosed within the PhotoWeights kit for inserting your image into the dome and fastening the felt bottom.
Creepy-Crawly Specimen Jars
These specimen jars, certain to evoke pictures of creepy someone lairs and previous horror films, area unit remarkably straightforward to form. victimization previous sauce, jam or mason jars, merely add toy creatures like round the bend, snakes, roaches, spiders and mice (available on-line or at several party offer stores around Halloween). For an extra bit, we tend to support small plastic spiders with some items of veiling (available within the baking sections of most supermarkets). The thin material provides nice texture and is loves cobwebs.
Don’t forget to check out the rest of this month’s Halloween entertaining ideas!