Last Updated on 2021-01-15 by Cookie Monster
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chunky pizza sauce
- 2 to 3 Italian plum tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz. (6 thin slices) cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper; drain. Stir in 6 slices crumbled bacon and pizza sauce.
- Spoon into ungreased 13×9 baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes; top with cheese slices.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add milk and oil; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- Add flour and salt; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour evenly over cheese slices. Sprinkle with 2 slices crumbled bacon.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until topping is slightly puffed and deep golden brown.