Today, we’ve been all about marbling — first the interview with Ilana Kohn and then Past & Present: Marbling. We’ve built quite a collection of beautiful marbled papers here at the office, and we’re always looking for ways to incorporate them into our daily lives. I tend to treat beautiful paper the way other people treat fine china: waiting for the perfect occasion to make that first cut. Luckily, Grace doesn’t have the same hang up, and she’s always ready to make use of our beautiful paper. My favorite thing about this marbled napkin ring project is that it’s dead simple. You just need a toilet paper roll and marbled paper, and you’re good to go. — Amy Azzarito
Photos by Maxwell Tielman
- marbled papers
- toilet paper rolls
- Mod Podge
- inexpensive paintbrush for the Mod Podge
- Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear spray
1. Using scissors, cut your toilet paper rolls in half to create 2-inch rings. (You can also use paper towel rolls.)
2. Cut the marbled paper into 2-inch wide strips.
3. Adhere the marbled paper to the toilet paper ring using Mod Podge.
4. Allow to dry for approximately 5 minutes, and then spray the napkin rings with the Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear spray.