Last Updated on 2021-02-09 by Spongebob
Learn how to make a hand-painted doormat with our handmade doormat step by step tutorial! A simple and fun way to personalize your front porch and cute DIY doormat design your own. Take a look at these doormat design images!
Could your terrace use a little facelift for summer? Try these easy hand-painted red, white, & blue DIY doormat for DIY doormat ideas to add a little personality to your front porch!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ See Current Price
✅ Best Brass Interlocking Stencil Letter
Decent Stencil Set For Just About Anything – “Nice basic interlocking stencils. 138 pieces included. Basically three of every letter, number, spacers, periods, dashes, ampersands, and dollar signs. No @ symbol if you are wondering. There are five each of A, E, R, and S. Interlocking is a little chintzy, but using tape to hold together is easy to make sure it stays tight. Overall I am satisfied with this set for what it cost and would buy a different size from the same manufacturer if I needed it.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ See Current Price
✅ Best Electric Spray Gun
One of the Best Purchases I’ve Ever Made! – “I used this product to finish the inside front porch to my home. This project was very tideous and strenuous. However, after I purchasing this spray gun it made my life much easier. I mean, I trullllly love this product. Number 1) it’s fun to use. Number 2) it’s effective. Number 3) saves you sooo much time.
There are 3 different setting on this product which allows the paint to spray in different directions (horizontal, vertical, circular) & also an adjustment knob for the pressure. Personally, I believe this product is worth buying for the price, it’s great quality.
Initially I did have to email the company because the little canister that holds the paint was closed to tightly. Either the paint dried or I put it on too tight. However, the company was very gracious towards me and sent me a brand new one for free, without exchange. I was lost for words!!!
I absolutely recommend this product, it applies paint flawlessly and saves you so much time!!”
I’m so excited to bring this custom DIY doormat tutorial to clothe your patio and welcome your guests. With a little prep, DIY doormat spray paint, and a quick DIY stencil you’ll be ready to open the doors for a summer of enjoyment.
I love taking something simple and adding a little creativity to create an exclusive piece for my home. This DIY doormat without Cricut is an inexpensive way to give your home a customized look in just a few steps, for very little money.
- plain doormat– I picked mine up at the local hardware store, but I’ve seen them at Target and on Amazon as well.
- adhesive vinyl or freezer paper
- stencil found here– I used a Cricut to cut out mine, but you can print out on 2 sheets of freezer paper and cut with scissors or a craft knife as well.
- red, white, and blue paint– Any craft paint will do, just check to make sure it can be used for outdoor applications.
- Stiff paint brush or stippling brush– I started with spray paint and a roller. Due to the dense natural fibers, these DIY doormat with old clothes weren’t exuberant enough to create a good enough layer of paint. Go with a nice stiff brush.
HOW TO MAKE DIY HAND PAINT DOORMAT?
- Create your stencil using the freezer paper method or with adhesive vinyl.
- Place your stencil in the preferred location on your pretty doormat. Iron on the freezer paper stencil or peel the backing paper back to set your vinyl glue.
- Dip your paintbrush into the red paint first and begin marking the paint onto the top 1/3 of your hello stencil. Take care to use an up and down motion, especially around the edges, to ensure you create crisp edges on your letters.
- Next, paint the base 1/3 of your hello with blue paint.
- Paint the middle of the hello with white paint, making sure to make the inner white portion dense, and the outer edges towards the red and white more transparent to give it that gradient look. You may wish to slightly overlap the white on the colors.
- Remove the stencil, and allow it to dry for at least 24 hours before using it. Finally, if you wish, add a clear coat to the painted area to protect it and make it last longer.
The final DIY mat is fun and doormat DIY are easy and perfect for giving your entry a fun summer vibe!
All the content in this blog is the property of aninspiring. Kindly refrain from plagiarising the content of this blog.