Last Updated on 2021-01-09 by Audie Casiguran
1. Cheaper rates can often apply if you plan and book your vacation well in advance. Last minute bookings with family vacation travel could cause you too much stress though, wondering if you were going to be able to take the whole family or have to leave someone behind, but which one? Book online, it makes it so easy to check out the best deals available.
2. Package deals often include flights, transport to and from the airport, budget car hire, accommodation, breakfasts, free organized activities for the kids (great time for adults to duck off for a quick nap), and sometimes tours or river cruises. Deals like these can be a huge saving with a family and a strict budget.
4. Last minute hotel bookings are the way to go for your family vacation travel. This is only for the brave at heart, especially with a family in tow. But still worth a try as they may have rooms left to rent at a discount price and you could be lucky.
5. Hire a mobile home, load up with plenty of food, maps, gas, and a full tank of petrol, choose a destination and hit the road. Go on an adventure with your family, it’s a good time for bonding with them.
6. Stay away from traditional places to eat and shop, the best way is to ask the locals for the cheapest and best. Renting cabins or self contained units where you can do your own cooking. Barbecues are a quick and easy fun family meal (inexpensive too).
7. Some of the larger businesses offer rewards points or checks for money spent at their shop, so if possible make a point to buy your items where these rewards are being offered. You usually have 12-24 months to spend them. These can be used at Resorts, cruises and weekends away, saving lots of your family vacation travel money.
8. It cannot be denied that family vacations are fun, but to save even more money you could consider holidaying with other family members or co-workers or close friends, you could have a lot of fun. Share the baby sitting responsibilities. One couple could slip away for a romantic dinner and visa versa. Board games can often be a lot of fun in groups. Outdoor sports like cricket, hide and seek, swimming, soccer just to name a few, can fill in the hours without costing a fortune.
9. One last thought for planning your family vacation travel on a budget is to house swap with other vacationers. You could look into a home exchange vacation in Europe. Thousands of people have been exchanging homes since the 1950’s, there are home exchange clubs to help arrange everything for you and cut travel costs almost in half.
If you are interested in a home exchange vacation there are many sites on the internet that can help.
10. Don’t forget when you are off on your family vacation travel you must make sure to pack all the family essentials such as-band aids, bandages (just in case of a sprain), antiseptic cream, antihistamines (for allergic reactions and hay fever), tissues, sunscreen, emergency numbers, pain killers for adult and child, nightlight (if your children are small, for bathroom trips), toilet paper (for any emergency roadside stops), plenty of water, wet wipes (great if no water available) and if traveling by road a pillow for little heads for when they get sleepy.
About the Author
Isabel Haynes-Riley hopes you found these tips on family vacation travel helpful. Isabel is a mother of two, who for many years had to learn (often the hard way) how to organize family vacations on a shoestring budget. Visit http://traveltoguides.com/travel for hundreds of more useful tips to aid you with your family vacation travel. Isabel would like to wish you all a safe and happy holiday.